Thursday, July 26, 2012

20 kg See Saw Presses



Recovered pretty well from Tuesday's workout,all things considered, but still feeling overall achy in general from just too many days of work and not enough stretch out time. My 6 am slot is filled across the board and I am barely getting 20 minutes of stretch time,not the hour plus I need. I make it up as I can throughout the day but it's not the same

Have to fix this but I can't get up any earlier

I've been reading Pavel's original RKC Challenge book and was reminded of the see saw press. I though perhaps this would be a variation that would allow me to stabilize the left shoulder even more and I think I was right.

It went very well ( except for being too aggressive on my first clean on the third set and straining the right brachialis a bit- the whole right arm a bit wonky since Primal move and my wrist overload) and NO clunking even for 8 rep sets!

This was an interesting movement given the alternation of pushing and pulling on each rep. Basically a one arm AND two arm move at the same time. I think having the bell on the opposite side as I was pressing with one arm provided some kind of anchoring effect. Don't know but it worked well.

Still had to fight like hell to keep the left arm close to my head and the elbow from flaring out but it worked great for a first workout

See Saw Press
2 16's x 8/8
2 20's x 8/8 x3 sets
2 20's x 6/6 x 2 sets

8's were tough!

Belt squats
32 kg x 20
40 kg x 16 ( belt was set wrong)
48 kg x 20! PR
32 kg x 20

I LOVE this move. SO cool to feel my quads working again! And being able to use the Beast is always a kick. Plus it wasn't that hard.

Floor Triceps ext
16 kg x 12 x 4 sets

these are finally feeling light. time to move up. or at least on alternate weeks

datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...