Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Snatch Vo2 50 sets. recent pr



I knew this was going to be tough. I slept and ate well yesterday and had an easy day at work. Worse yet, last week's workout, just 4 sets less, was strong. I was doomed an I knew it :)) Plus it was seriously hot too, all the more fun.

But I had some extra coffee mid morning and focused hard on having a great attitude. My body was cooperating at least, with all the parts in pretty much the right places and really no excess tension or torsion in the main frame.

That, in itself, is a major win for me, by the way. If I get no more than this I will be happy. I swear.

But we got right to it when I got off work. No sense thinking about a beating, just get to it.

Snatch Vo2
16 kg
15:15 I go you go
35 sets of 7 (245 reps)
15 sets of 8 (120 reps)
365 reps
13,140 lbs!
Top HR 185-190

I should have turned the fan on earlier, it was a serious hot box in Stones gym today. I was ok for 35 sets  but I turned it on just to get some air moving. Didn't have the time to actually get any breeze on me but at least it wasn't just stagnant air.

I was suffering pretty early on but I just kept focusing on one rep at a time and form form form.At each part of the move just trying to it as perfectly and strongly as I could. Left shoulder not perfect and I realized,looking at video, that my left arm is drifting too wide. That will be a cue next week.

Hip Belt squat
24 kg x 20
32 kg x 20
40 kg x 15 

yeow yeow! who's idea was this? oh yea, mine. Not very good after max vo2 but the exercise and work load is perfect. I love this way of squatting  and the 20 reps really got the quads involved,even with my hinge power squat style. nice. knees and back were fine. more nice.

Handstands
5 sets of 10 seconds

these were easy and I felt light upside down, very rare these days. But my CNS was on High and this was it.

datsit.
Sisu!

3 comments:

Juci SFG said...

'I was doomed an I knew it'
LOL, that's great too :)

Congratulations, Sir!

Mark Reifkind said...

" we who are about to die salute you "

:))

thanks Judit.

Unknown said...

If that all sound excellent, but you don't know the best way to repair anything in your car or truck, even if you did know what was incorrect with it, there's a resolution to that dilemma also. Virtually just about every auto components supply shop nowadays carries repair manuals written in easy to read language for the novice. Although certain repairs like the compact 4 for mercedes rebuilding an engine or altering a head gasket are going to be too tough for most folks, you can find definitely other smaller jobs which you can do.

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...