Saturday, August 18, 2012

Snatches, belt squats and arm casts



Felt strong today! Lots going on in the RKC and life and the result was energizing, not fatiguing. Haven't done much snatching with the 24 in the last month much less anything over five reps but I felt good and got back to some decent volume.

One arm swing warmup:
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5x2
20 kg  x 5/5/
24 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10

this was solid but tough.Haven't had much 24 kg time much less the 8s,9's and 10,s but my form held and my shoulder felt fine. I have to really keep the elbow much closer to the head than I thought necessary but it makes ALL the difference in my shoulder stability.

Plus, proprioception was off before and I thought it was closer than it was.

Belt squats heavy
32 kg x 20
40 kg x 1
         x 125
48 kg x 10


these might not look like much ( they don't to me either) but they are a huge step for me. I haven't been able to work my quads in 10 years and although there is little knee ROM it is much more than of late and my quads feel worked and my knee feels fine. SO weird to actually feel the front of my legs working as well.
I'm also really trying to get my knee to move forward and work ankle dorsiflexion as well  in this. Just wanted to show the setup. NO stress on the back at all

Two Hand Clubbell Arm Casts
25 lbs x 10/10
35 lbs x 10/10
45 lbs x 5 ( right side only)


nice! :)) my maiden voyage with the Bruiser. Only did the right side as I didn't want to risk tweaking anything on the left. It actually didn't feel that heavy at all. I can feel my strength coming back :))

datsit.
Sisu/

1 comment:

Steve B. said...

Nice!I had to dig my hip belt out of the closet after seeing this.These feel great.Thanks for posting.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...