Saturday, September 22, 2012

"...when Grace lays it down in front of you."

You have to be ready to grab it. To be honest, it's been so long since it's happened I truly wondered if it would again, or I was just destined to toil relentlessly with no joy, no pay off, just fighting against a bent frame and the forces of gravity.

Especially today as yesterday DOMS kicked my ass from Thursday's workout. I was even sore all night, with my legs, shoulders and upper back tight and sore. Same this morning but it fell off quickly with my stretchout and for some reason I felt great walking into Stones.



I had decided to start alternating snatch weights each Saturday, since I'm doing high pulls on Tuesdays instead of Snatch Vo2 and I can go super heavy there. Today seemed like a good day to step down and play with the 20 kg intead of the 24. I'll alternate the 20, 22 and 24 kg bells adjusting the rep scheme and the total number of reps done each week accordingly. I can keep track of each weights PR for reps and volume and cycle each as well.

So today was the 20 kg and I was hoping my high pull technique would carry over to the snatch and it did! My shoulder stayed in place and was painless the entire time and the technique was easy and consistent! Yes. Energy was high,strength was good and everything just fell into place.

The Flow. The reason I do this in the first place and what keeps me coming back for more week in and week out. Just remembering this zone exists makes me want to come back looking for it, no matter how few and far between the visits seem to get.

Snatch
High pull warmup: 16 kg x 5/5/ x 3
Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 10/10 x 7 sets
140 reps
6160 lbs

wow this was easy. I could have done more than a few more sets but discretion made it's case and I listened. More volume than last week in total reps and work reps but the ease of the groove was what really got me going. LOVE IT:))

CB Capt America Arm casts
15lb x 20
25 lb 20
35 x 12
     x 14

these felt strong and this version of the arm cast, where I dont have to lead with the left hand makes my left shoulder much happier.


Felt very strong. So nice.

Negative only pushups
4 sets of 10

solid and shoulder was totally ok. More aggressive on the pushup from the knees ( after the eccentric was solid as well. an actual concentric pushup from the knee- full pushups are right around the corner. My pecs , tri's and delts like this.

Bodyblade laterals SS Band laterals

3 sets of 10 each

easy breezy. When you're strong and healthy you can do more work in a session than of late and feel like you did nothing. That's one of my main goals, as well as to wake up not feeling like you have done anything strenuous the day before( still working on that)..

AWESOME DAY.

Datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...