Saturday, November 10, 2012

"Inch by inch is a cinch"



yard by yard is hard, so the saying goes and this seems to be the case these days.Added another set to the last 22 kg snatch workout volume and could have done more but didn't feel the need. The sooner I get to to 200 + snatches in the workout the sooner I have to bump the reps to 9/9 and I'm in NO hurry.

A PR is a PR and that was what today was. Just like when I tried WSB max effort day if I added just 2.5 to 5 lbs to my max effort lift of the day I got what I came for and went home happy. And leaving some on the table for the next workout :))

The body( legs, knee) was yelling a bit from Thursdays Beast swings and belt squats but that was ok, But it was bloody COLD in Stones gym today and the Tommy Kono neoprene knee sleeves worked very well. They're a bitch to get on but once they warmup they retain heat very well and give the old knees a bit of a cushion for my leg work.

Old training partner and good friend Joe Sarti dropped in for a workout and it was just like old times. Joe is a serious Mutant and is pretty much strong and capable at whatever he tries and his snatch technique and power is awesome. Not a fan of volume it was good to see Joe work just a little with all the sets :))

Snatch
16 kg one arm swing warmup 3 x 5/5

16 kg x 5/5 z2
20 kg x 4/4
22 kg x 8/8 x 11 sets
176 reps
8800 lbs

not bad at all.

Two Hand CB Shield casts
15 x 10/10
25 x10/10
35 x 8/8 x 2 sets

lol the 35 lber threw me around a bit today but I got it under control at the end. this thing ain't light!

Pbar pushups( feet on box)
4 sets of 7 reps

Nice, full pushups, no problem. SHoulder was stable if not a bit noisy. No sublux though and that's the key.

strong day.

datsit.
Sisu/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I like volume :)) thanks coach, great to be on the platform lifting with you and Nick. Felt good to get the volume. :)) cannot wait to hit again!

Ps: thanks for the kind words, you know how to make a person strong!

Mark Reifkind said...

lol Joe, I know with your endurance riding background you can handle the volume just good to see you work just a little :))
Great fun see you soon for more volume, next week is 24 kg for 170 + reps too.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...