Saturday, December 29, 2012

24 kg snatch 13 sets of 6/6



It's a freakin' miracle I could do this workout today given how my back was from Sunday through Wednesday. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my arm over my head much less with the 24 kg attached but it worked out great. No problems at all, although I was more than just a bit tenative.

It was also a balmy  40 degrees in there as well and that aways works so well with my back :))

But I stretchout out well this morning, especially the overhead stick work and got me ready

One arm swing warmup : 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 5

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20kg x 4/4

24 kg x 6/6 x 13 sets
156 reps
8268 lbs

Nice! these weren't hard at all, My bloggie camera died before I realized I could just use my phone but I did get a clip of my PR Clubbell arm casts.

Arm casts
25 lb x 10/10 x2
35 lbs x 8/8
45 lbs x 5/5

these were solid although I didn't have the control with the 45 that I want but it's only the seocnd time I've ever played with it.


straight bar pushups ( feet on floor)
sets of 7,8. 10,10!

NICE! No clunking at all. hitting the bar high on the ribs . my bench press groove here. hands close grip, thumbless, just like my raw bench

datsit
Sisu/

12 comments:

Kikolu said...

Just a Question, Rif:
I your body were not a locked as it is, how would you train, combining BWE and Kettlebells?

Say for a week, what would it look like?

Kikolu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Rif have you tried the two handed clubbell mill? Or the gama cast. Seeing your enthusiasm for the heavy clubs, I think you'd enjoy these, and they really give a great burn in your upper back

Unknown said...

Rif, I have one question for you. Been following your blogs anonymously for some time now. What type of rest period do you use during your ballistic sessions of swings, high pulls and snatches?

Mark Reifkind said...

kikolu,


if my knee and shoulder were normal I would REALLY push the SFG Big Six exercises and push big bells in the getup, clean and press,kb front squat and windmills as well as the swings and snatches as I do now.

I did many many years of advanced bw stuff in gymnastics and it doesn't have as much appeal to me anymore.

I haven't given up.I'm adding goblet squats in this thursday :)) thanks for stopping by and the comment!

Mark Reifkind said...

Stu

I played with one and two hand mills earlier when I got the clubs but my lower back doesn't like that much rotation. thanks for the suggestion though.

I forgot what the Gama cast is

Mark Reifkind said...

John

I rest according to perceived exertion when I train alone and go "I go you go" when I have partners. it doesn't matter if it's one partner or three.

I don't care much for rushing my rest periods, it takes too much away from the intensity of the next set.

it takes me forever to really get warmed up but once i do I don't need much rest/sets but I go by feel and I HATE timed rest periods .lol

Unknown said...

Here is a link www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DrArWz0b5M for the Gama cast. Also fun with a mace bell in a "ten to two" pattern. Recommend using a lighter club to practice before moving up the weight scale. Feels very satisfying club move.

Mark Reifkind said...

Stu

lol. oh yes. I do those I just called them "capt America arm casts" after Mr Gallazzi:))

One of my favorites.

Mark Reifkind said...

stu wait. I think I call them shield casts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkXF040VVHY

I just stay in one direction before switching grip

Mark Reifkind said...

THESE are the Capt America arm casts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBvYX61MVc

Unknown said...

Thanks Rif. You got it and Captain America arm casts is a much better name :-) !

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...