Monday, December 31, 2012

32 kg High Pulls/ Belt squats

Weird day and training. Was supposed to get stretched out early but circumstances didn't allow that. It was 34 degrees here this morning and the studio was almost that cold. Not a long day but a stiff one and by the time I got to the workout for some stupid reason I decided NOT to take my hot bath warmup before we started in the Meatlocker and I didn't warm up until we were 3/4's the way through.

Needless to say not my best day but I got it done. The good news was that the weight felt light even though I was as stiff as a board.

High Pulls
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5 x 7 sets

Belt squats
44 kg x 20 x 4 sets

I was finally warmed up by the time we got to these but the body wasn't happy overall.

Kb extensions on floor (cont. tension)
16 kg x 12 x 4 sets

these felt much better than the last time I did them. Just needed a break

Band laterals

4 x 12/12 blue band

these were fine. Not the best workout of 2012 but if this was the worst it was a good year. A strong year. Playing with the 32 kg with one arm on a bad day is just fine.

datsit.
Sisu/



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...