Thursday, December 20, 2012

Digging the ditch

These were the best double 24 kg swings I've done. Of course I didn't get video but they felt as good as they ever have in the short time I've been doing them. Both in the groove of double bell swings and the weight itself.

I really took my stance out wide and that made a big difference. I have some room to get the bells behind me and create some momentum in the pendulum.I mixed in some high pulls with the swings as well during the warmup sets and this helped as well. The high pull shorten my orangutan arms and makes it easier to move the weight AND keep my balance.

I finally got some good float with these bad boys :))

6-7 AM

FULL Rifga stretchout. Nice. It's been way too long since I got a full hour, stem to stern, stretch out in first thing in the morning. Man I need to start every day like that. It's just going to cost me some money :))

2pm ( last thursday session. Next week switch to Mon//Wed/Sat schedule)

2 kb swing
14 kg x 5 x 2
16 kg x 5 x 2
20 kg x 5 x 2

24kg x 5 x 10 sets

these just got better and faster and stronger each set. I definitely could have gotten 15 sets. Next time for sure. Alternating starting with double bells, then heavy single bells and mixing in the power swing versions of both is working very well.Same but different/specialized variety.

Glenn was commenting on how this was so different than the powerlifting training he has done- No Psych. Just work. Just set after set of basic work. I said it was like digging a ditch; you don't get psyched to dig a ditch you just keep shoveling.This is the foundation, this is what builds the peak. All this basic work.

And it's nice when, like today, it's pretty easy to work hard.:))

Two Hand swings
24 kg x 10
         x 12
         x 14
         x 16
         x 18
         x 20

these went SO well . the 24 felt like a 12 kg and all sets and reps were fast and powerful. Hardstyle indeed! the doubles are definitely making the single bell work so much stronger. Can't believe I'm not only training two hand swings but DOUBLE swings as wells .It's really a miracle after all these years. At least to me :))

Snatch Holds

16 kg x 30 sec
20 kg x 30 sec
24 kg x 30 kg

need to do another set and start working toward more 45 sec and one minute sets

Eccentric Pushups/floor
4 sets of 8

these went perfectly with NO shoulder clunking at all. So much fun to be able to work the full ROM of this movement without getting so unstable. I'll take it and stay with these . Also time to add handstands back in.

bodyblade laterals
2 x 10/10

tired and hungry. done

datsit.
Sisu/



1 comment:

Joe Sarti said...

Very nice! Love th digging a ditch concept. There is something to be said for that persistent and consistent due diligence. this training session is proof positive of this. I truly relate to this and look forward to our Saturday digging. Including tomorrows handstands :)

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...