Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Double 24 kg swings and Power swings



What a difference being warm before the workout makes. Got my bath in before the training and it works,like it always does, like a charm. It was cold in the meatlocker but not freezing and I was warm right from the start. made things much nicer.

Got a good stretchout this am and that too, made all the difference.

Two KB swings
2 14's x 8 x 2
2 16's x 8 x 2
2 20's x 5 x 2

2 24's x 5
          x 6
          x 7
          x 8
          x 9
          x 10

  the groove isn't perfect by any means but it is getting better every time and this is the most reps I have done with the 24's

Power swings
24  x 5
28 x 5
32 x 5
40 x 5 x 2

these too were strong and the 40 kg felt like the  32 used to :))

Snatch Holds
16 x 30
20 x 30
24 x 30
20 x 45

these, for some reason are not getting that much easier ,lol.I used to have a good side and a hard side. now it's two hard sides :(( but at least I'm even :)

Goblet squats
 16 kg x 3 x 2
20 kg x 3 x 2

amazing I can do these half decently now for the first time ever.  BUT they still are way more of a bicep exercise than a  leg move .Perhaps back to kb front squats :))

datsit.
Sisu

3 comments:

Diana said...

That's incredible seeing double 24kg swings! I love swinging the "single" 24kg lately-there's just something so addicting about "heavy"!

Just ordered one of your Girya shirts, love that logo-I read that it will increase my strength if I wear that-I'll let you know! ;)

Mark Reifkind said...

excellent! let me know how you find them. I'm still waiting to get mine.

and although the double bells are very new to me and seriously tough to find the leverage( especially given my short legs :) I always feel better after doing them

PLUS going back to a single bell for two hand swings makes even the heaviest bell seem light.

Diana said...

Amen to that last line of your comment!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...