Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Power swings 32 kg and pulling the sled.



Finally getting over this bronchitis- It was very nice to wake up this morning not feeling sick. Energy was up from the start and just got better. It also warmed up quite a lot today and that helped tons. Didn't even need my pre workout bath to uncreak the joints. A balmy 51 in Stones gym this afternoon.

Recovered very well from Monday's workout and basically felt like I hadn't trained; in a good way. that is one of my main goals- to train really hard and not feel anything the next day :)
Getting closer all the time.

Really walking as much as possible these days, and since getting my knee to release so much better by manipulating the toes/foot extension is way better and walking way easier. I love it. The way to press more is to press more; the way to walk better is to walk more. And better. Who'd a thunk it?

I'll crawl later, now I need to walk

Power swings
20 kg x 8 x 2
24 kg x 5
32 kg x 5
         x 6
         x 7
         x8 x 3 rounds.
76 reps
5460 pounds

Wow,I can't remember when the two pood felt this light or moved this fast. Most excellent.Definitely felt it by the end though, although bell speed stayed high the entire time

Snatch Holds
 18 kg x 30 sec
22 kg x 30 sec x 3 sets

these are really coming along, position wise, which makes strength so much easier.

Sled Drags
 200 ft x 50 pounds ( too light) 
200 ft x 75 lbs x 3 trips (just right)

these went WAY better than expected. Walked upright, as we did when I train WSB style and Louie advocated their use almost daily as GPP and active recovery. Got a wicked pump in the glutes (!) hamstrings and calves. Perfect. This will be perfect and I think we'll alternate heavy days for 200 feet  and lighter days with 400 feet plus sets.

I also think I'll incorporate the rack walks INTO these and do rack carries on the heavy days as well. Very excited about being able to do these again.Feel good to feel strong.

datsit.
Sisu/


1 comment:

Canada Business Directory said...

I take off my hat after reading your blog. This article couldn't be more correct. It's all about choices, your choice of getting maximum fitness.

Lakewood personal trainer

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...