Monday, March 04, 2013

20 kg double swings



I can't believe how much I love doing double bell swings these days. I never even considered them before as I couldn't do two handed swing and when I did practice them they always felt awkward. I couldn't find the sweet spot and therefore didn't have any power.
No groove at all.

But since I widened my stance, let the bell swing lower before pushing them back they feel great. Strong, powerful and comfortable.It's so much about finding YOUR individual optimal groove for each movement.

Believe me, I'm not built like you, nor you me.:)

Since it's a cert week and we've been doing PR workout after PR workout and i did the 24's last week I thought I'd do with double 18's,until I realized I don't have them at Stones so I went with double 20's. What USED to be my heavy work.

Nice to actually make progress.

Easy peezy. I kept it at 8's to make it even easier.

Two kb swing
2 12' x 10
2 16's x 10
2 20s x 8 x 12 sets
96 reps
8448 ( that's a seriously decent workload for how easy it was)

KB press

14 kg x 3/3
16 kg x 3/3
20 kg x 2/2
24 kg x 2/2 x 2

Shoulders were seriously sore from Saturday's heavy arm casts and ring pushups but I wanted to practice the groove. It worked great. Imagined pushing bell up through my midline and the arc was perfect. No early turnout although the first two sets were with the comp bells and when I went to the 20 kg DD bell it spun out due to the different COM.
Didn't expect that. The 24 kg was very easy with NO shoulder or groove issues. Happy happy joy joy :)

Glenn hit a killer 10 sets of 2/2 with 36 kg like nothing! amazing!

Belt squats
40 kg x 20 x 5 sets

Another easy one. Just wanted to stimulate a bit. Stretched out very well again this am and it definitely makes a difference. Time to really focus on my overhead ROM.It's mainly the pecs and lats that restrict and it's time to open that stuff up or real now.

datsit
Sisu/


1 comment:

isoflex said...

Manufacturers and exporters of Insulated Doors, Insulated double swing doors. We known for our high quality insulated Doors & insulated double swing doors with higher level of performance.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...