Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Get on the floor."



Given how jacked up things have been the last two days I didn't imagine this workout. It's hot again here and although I love it, I'm not adjusted to it yet. Another solo day and just plain tired coming into a fasted workout. Nice combo.

But I was determined to just do a few heavy sets and be done with it. Kind of what I did but not how I planned. Got the right shoulder to stay in place and my left hip too. A nasty reminder of how my daily life was just a few years ago. I ain't plannin' on going back, that's for sure.

I did get a solid hour+ of stretchout in today and that helped a lot. As usual I need more of this not less.It always makes a positive difference and I have to remember the phrase that really started my entire re hab for real:" GET ON THE FLOOR".

Daily. As long as I do that and do whatever my body tells me needs working on that day I go in the right direction. Too much time on my ass in a chair and bad things happen. Just that simple. Just get down and on the floor and crawl around, roll around. sit around.

Two hand swings

20 kg x 10 x 2
24 kg x 10
28 kg x 10
32 kg x 10
36 kg x 8
40 kg x 8
44 kg x 8
48 kg x 8 
82 reps

Down the rack set:
48 x8
44 x 5
40 x 5
36 x 5
32 x 5 x  2 rounds
56 reps
30 reps on last set

168 total reps. wow way more than I thought. ncie

for third round did the same but took 30 sec rest/sets and I did 10 reps on the last set of 32 kg
30 reps on

this KICKED MY ASS but it was over fast.

Snatch holds
16 kg x 30
20 kg x 30
24 kg x 30
16 kg x 30

this was very tough today. had allusions of longer sets but this was it. tighter than normal on my right today. no surprise but not much fun

Sled drags
something new: continuous walk. About 3/4 of the block out, stopping twice to catch breath, and then return. then another 200 ft. different than the shorter sets. interesting. no idea, really about distance but it was solid effort. Love this move now. forwards only for the near future.

datsit.
Sisu/







2 comments:

Boris said...

Love the Stephen King quote - I might borrow that! Thank you!

Mark Reifkind said...

you are welcome, borrow away!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...