Monday, April 22, 2013

Push re boot.

Sometimes you just have to re boot the computer to get things settled down and running straight and most of the time you ( I) just have no idea why it works, just that it does. Had to do that with my training today and it came out of the blue, just like a laptop that develops a mind of its own.

After Saturday's solid training and an easy day Sunday( which included stretching although I could have done more) my right triceps started aching in the middle of the night and when I got up I realized my whole right side of the shoulder girdle was not happy. My first rib seemed out and nothing seemed to sit right.

It took me years to get out of that and I wasn't happy this morning. I figured it was the heavy one arm clubs( which have given me problems off and on forever) combined with everything else. Plus washing the car on Sunday with lots of circular reps,

A simple car wash shouldn't push me over any ledge but it may have, despite my not liking the idea of it. But any way here I was and it was not fun. Especially with a brand new client at 6 am and a lot of drills and skills to demo.

I got a solid 40 minutes of stretchout in but it wasn't enough. The back knobber found some nastiness in the rhomboids and that helped but it took awhile. When I got the gym my plan of heavy double swings and presses didn't seem like it would go.

But, I've been here before and more often than not just moving as I did before I was tweaked pushed "re-boot" and re sets my system. It eventually did I'm glad to so but it sure took it's time.

Plus not walking with any shoulder extension this morning shifted me in a weird way and my left knee starting talking to me- right after the shoulder shut up. Of course :)

Double swings
2 14's x 8 x 2
2 16's x 8 x 2
2 20's x 8 x 2
2  24's x 8 x 10 sets

looking at the work load now it doesn't look that bad. But until I got half way through the 24's everything felt awkward and uneven as my left knee didn't want to fully straighten on bend easily.
But then I started to feel better.

2 Kb press
2 14's x 5
2 16' x 5 x 2
2 20's  x 4 x 2
2 24's x 3 x 4 sets



these weren't perfect but each set felt better as well as my body. Strangely enough my tricep/ shoulder on the right felt " normal" It was my left knee/ hip that was weird.
Gettin' old ain't for quitters or sissies.
Good news was, the weight felt light.Awkward, but light.

Belt squats
48 kg x 20 x 5 sets

these helped reset the tension in the legs and my knee. each set things felt better. more tired but more square.

Bodyblade laterals
3 x 10/10

wow that was a throwback to a place I don't want to go. I have forgotten how jacked up that right arm was for so long, and how much energy it takes to deal with it throughout the day. Glad things have changed.


datsit.
Sisu/



5 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Wow, all that hard work and getting yourself closer to square and plumb has helped. Glad you were able to reboot across the board! :) that's a quick recovery followed with solid work. Hope all keeps moving in the right direction tonight into tomorrow ;)

Mark Reifkind said...

yes thank goodness things re booted well. it was a close one, actually :)

Diana said...

"growing old ain't for quitters or sissies"....love that!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana :) me too. and it's true.

Mark Reifkind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...