Saturday, June 15, 2013

36 kg One arm swings 10/10 Pr.



VERY happy with this effort and today's training. Everything was on "go" this morning and I felt strong from the get. This new overhead stick stretch has been helping SO much and both shoulders haven't felt this stable in ages. Now that's a nice Pr if you will :)

Strong feels good  and today I was strong. I was HOPING to get at least 5 x 5/5 in the one arm swing with the 36 kg after last weeks pr with the 44 kg but had it in the back of my mind if it felt light I would shoot for a ladder of 5-10 in it.

One arm Swing
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 10/10
72 reps :)
5760 lbs

Lol, I was getting tired and wanted the pr of 10/10 so I skipped the 9/9 and just went for it.Groove felt good and all the parts stayed attached.

Two Hand Swing
32 x 10
40 x 10 x 5 sets

this felt light :)

Barbell Curl
45 x 10
55 x 8 x 4 sets

Back Press
single strand x 10 x 2

double strand x 10 x 2

Wow nice improvement there. Needed a little help to get the double strand in position to start( not quite enough external rotation yet) but the pressing was strong!This is definitely an important corrective strengthener and stays in the mix, as does the curls.

Lot of undergrip overhead stick raises throughout the workout and it also is a keeper and a key corrective strengthener.

datsit.
Sisu/
photo from Oliver Quinn's facebook cover page. 

2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Indeed you were strong today! The progression is evident. Great 10/10 with the 36. Yes, the banded behind the back press is golden and complimented with that killer stick stretch my shoulders are happy.

Happy Father's Day!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, it was a good session for all.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...