Saturday, June 08, 2013

44 kg One arm swings



I own a 44 kg bell but it is an ugly mutant of a thing. It's at least 10 years old and I was happy to get it at the time from an small manufacturer because there were NO 44 kg bells being made at the time. But the handle is too thick, the surface paint slippery and it's just ugly.

Since I am actually USING these weights now I thought it was time to invest in a proper 44 kg  and I got a great deal on a Dragondoor bell with the latest e finish so I grabbed it. It's SO much nicer than my mutant bell but it weighs the same so swinging it isn't that much easier. A bit because the handle is thinner and symmetrical but weight wise, the same amount of work :)

Yesterday was a mutant day in itself with non stop demo's from 5:45 am  until 1 pm. I don't I've ever done this much demonstrating in a day in ALL the years I've been doing personal training and that's a lot.I was seriously cooked at the end of the day but VERY happy to see that nothing was tweaked or twisted this morning, and I wasn't even as sore as normal? Very strange indeed. But, I'll take it!

30 minutes yoga/ foam rollout

One arm swings

16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5 ( this is where it gets 'real')
40 kg x 5/5
44 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets! PR
Not bad at all. Never done more than one set of these and was thinking of five sets but had more work to do on two handers.
Nick did a set of 5/5 with the 52 kg ONE HANDED!


Joe had no problem with it either



Two Hand Swings
32kg x 10
40 kg x 10
44 kg x 10
52 kg x 10 ( some nice big jumps here for a change :)
40 kg x 10
36 kg x 10
32 kg x 20 !

these went great! Very strong and powerful.  I keep saying it but it's such a blessing to be able to do this exercise after all these years. It's everything I thought it was and much more.

Barbell curls
45 x 10
50 x 8
55 x 8
     x 6
ah, getting stronger. these are here to stay. my shoulder likes them very much.

Band Back press

 4 sets of 10 with SINGLE red band.

LOL when this thing showed up I tried it immediately and immediately got my ass handed to me :) Even with ONE lonely band it was TONS of tension. Of course I did the back press in front of me ( wrong position) making it WAY harder but even with it in the back it's not light at all and I tried two bands today at the end and I am no where close so I have tons of work to do.But this is a keeper as well.

datsit.
Sisu/


1 comment:

hou said...

I love how you share the experience and for me this is key because I observe far more than the numbers.
meizu mx5
xiaomi redmi note 2
meizu m2

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...