Monday, June 17, 2013

Snatch, press, squat.

Just restless all morning today, for no good reason. All the parts were attached and I'm happy to report that my shoulders seem to BOTH be in the right part of the socket, for the first time in so long I literally can't remember.

The undergrip overhead stick work is REALLY paying off and I still almost can't believe it. But given my 'unique' anatomy and orthopedics it makes sense in hindsight.With my hands supinated my elbows can get full lockout and my shoulders can get true torque and thus stability. Having to do almost NO myofascial release work, relative to what I have been doing and with almost no pain or undue muscle tension.

Crazy on the first order. I may actually regain my overhead position again.Along with realizing I had been twisting the wrong way my entire gymnastics career, realizing that the key to my shoulder stability is this externally rotated, supinated grip is unbelievable. Hey better late than never.

I"m just glad my shoulders stopped aching.

Snatches
16 kg x 5/5 x 2

20 kg  x 5/5
22 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8 x 2 rounds
104 reps
5096 lbs

this felt very easy and light, lol. All those heavy ass swings I've been doing are paying off. Now that I've accepted that the huge force loads on the HS snatch from the reduction and reversal of force on the downswing really DO kick one's ass I feel better about not being able to do as many reps.

Clean and press
20 kg x 1/1
24 kg x 1/1
28 kg x 1/1 x 3

wow, I expected presses to be easier after I was fully warmed up but it also tire me out.MIghthave to alternated starting exercises each week.

belt squats
32 kg x 20 x 4 sets

Not too tough bu never easy.

DB curls
3 sets of 10 with 20 lbs each


these continue to feel "right". One day barbell, one day DB one day bands.

datsit.
Sisu/




No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...