Saturday, July 27, 2013

48 kg One arm swings , more pr's



Wanted to go back to the 48 kg today for multiple one arm swing sets but wasn't sure I could grip the bell well enough and I didn't want to strap it up again. That didn't work that well as my grip was actually too loose and I overloaded the elbow flexors too much. Didn't want that happening with the Beast.

The finger is healing very well and I didn't chunk out as much as I thought but I haven't worked that hand fully closed, really and that finger is my main pull line of force. So it would either work or  I would have to go lighter. Either was ok.

One arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 ( big jumps again :)
48 kg x 3/5 ( grip a bit shaky
         x 5/5
         x 5/5
         x 5/5
         x 5/5
         x 5/5
         x 5/5
68 reps! 
40 kg x 10/10 x 2 Pr
10,728 lbs

I've only done 30 reps max in the past so this is humongous pr! had my hand been normal ten sets would have gone no problem but we were all pretty  beat by the 7 sets! My grip kept getting stronger each set as well. This was a quantum leap forward. Once you break a barrier you thought you couldn't do lift a certain weight, run or ride or swim a certain distance it changes everything and from then on it's a different challenge. You KNOW you can do it. That and more and the challenge becomes building from there up. Sweet. Haven't gotten to experience this in SO long.

The guys finished up with 2 sets more with the Beast doing 10/10 so I kept up with the volume with a slightly lighter weight although this too was a Pr. I've never done more than a 5 rep set :)

Two Hand swings
40kg x 10 x 3
        x 20


I did twenty on the last set instead of two sets of 10/10 for two reasons: 1) because Joe and Nick did sets of twenty and 2) I was BEAT and didn't want to do two sets of 10's. that would have been harder.
Didn't know Joe was taping it; I tend to get noisy when it's hard but it's a good set.

Barbell curls
45 x 10
65 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 3 Pr!

Love this move!

Awesome freakin' workout!

datsit.
Sisu/






No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...