Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Rebuilding my overhead position



With all my focus on my knee the last few months my overhead position has taken a beating.I stopped doing snatch holds and my press groove ended up being more in front than ever and that has tightened my up even more. This has to change! I've upped the overhead stretching as of today and did this snatch hold practice to get things going in the right direction.

Man! was this tough. It took almost five sets to let the bell settled behind me and get the upper back and scap to work holding the weight up instead of my front delts but by the end of the 10 sets it was much better overhead with less strain.

SO snatch practice will be these types of holds PLUS I have to add in a few sets of overhead holds as well for time, My shoulders feel better already.

snatch
16 kg x 5/5/ x 2
20 kg x 5/5  x 10 sets
100 reps
4400 lbs

Sled pull
60 lbs x 4 laps of 260 feet.

Bar Curl
45 x 8
55 x8 x 3

Leaning Triceps band ext
3 x 15, 10,10



SLed pulls :these were easy and strong but both Glenn and I are teetering on the edges of overtraining and need to do less, not more this week. Feels so great to walk without pain I can't even express it..

Knee is doing very well and ROM is increased a bit although I don't have a goniometer, to probably 115 at least when it's warm and perhaps a few degrees more. I am working it all day long with stretches and mobility work and a lot of squatting.

Very different technique now, toes OUT 15 degrees and leading with the knees trying to get as much knee flexion as possible

The bathtub is still the best place to work flexion as well as the car on the way to and from work where I pull the heel back as far as I can and hold it as long as I can before repeating . There is something about the Mustang's seat with the hip lower a bit than the knee that makes it easy to work the ROM without pain. :)

Body weight is up in the AM closer to 154 than 153 and I feel bigger and more solid again, not skinny. I could stay here for awhile and feel fine.

2 weeks to Croatia and Italy!

datsit.
Sisu.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...