Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Beast is back



I had hoped I would be able to work back up the 48 kg bell in my swings before I left on my trip to Croatia and I hit the goal today! One week early. I wanted to go for it today in case anything tweaked; I wanted to have more time to heal before the trip :)

But everything went well even though it was cold as get out and it took quite awhile to really warmup. Slept well though and woke up feeling pretty damn good after a long work and training week.

I felt like both Glenn and I over reached a bit at the end of this cycle but to my surprise I bounced back pretty well. Thursday was rough- very stiff tight and sore but Friday I felt great, especially my overall energy. Low energy was  almost the worst part of these last 8 weeks. I was tired all the time and the least effort required a lot of rest.

But this week started well and by the end I was feeling almost normal, energy wise. Just in time too.

It's so cool to be able to work the legs/knee hard one day and still being able to walk and train the next without spending hours on the roller, thumper or stretching. these things still need to be done but now everything is on a different level. An almost normal person level.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/ x3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3
48 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets
50 reps
5300 lbs

Did NOT use the H2H transfer after the 32kg as I was not that confident and wanted to make sure, again, that I didn't tweak anything. My left to right transfer is solid; right to left not so much as my left shoulder tends to get weird mid air (!) and that makes the grab a bit precarious. Very happy with this effort but it was TOUGH and I was tired at the end.
Definitely didn't want a 6th set!

Two hand swings
40 kg x 8
48 kg x 8
56 kg x 8
         x 10

pooped! this was enough


Clubell shield cast
20 x 10/10
25 x 8/8 x 2
( superset with bike reps)

Barbell curls
45 x 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 5
55 x 10

solid! and a 5 rep PR with the 85 lbs. Superset with bike.

 datsit
Sisu/



No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...