Wednesday, November 20, 2013

24 kg Snatch



Rough one today. All the new movements and wearing the Oly shoes didn't mess me up too badly from Monday's training but there were definitely and few different spots that were talking to me all day yesterday and today. Slept and ate well yesterday so I should have been more recovered than I was but I weren't :)

Going overhead again this afternoon wasn't feeling too good. I gutted it out but it was just one of those tough days you just get through. Plus Glenn was still out and it was cold and raining hard. Just tough to get a bunch of energy going. Got it done but it was just plain work.

Nothing wrong with that but my snatch groove of late has just sucked and my TKR hasn't seemed to help things as it's seemingly shifted my upper body "issues" around a lot. My overhead ROM is just plain worse than it's been in years and that's on both sides.

I don't think two overhead days is going to work now and definitely not with one day in between. Since I think I can get away with the push press I will keep that in and let the snatch rest for awhile again.

This happens periodically it seems. I lose my groove on my snatch, whether it's from going heavy, or fast ( max vo2) , take some time off, regain it and get back hope, train it, then lose it again :)
 Tired of this, actually and now that I can squat and train my legs again my motivation to really work the snatch, the last athletic thing I had left before, is waning.

One arm swing warmup : 16 kg x 5/5 x 3

Swing snatch ( with Oly shoes)
16 kg x 8/8 ( one swing one snatch 4 times)
20 kg x 8/8 x 4 sets - this actually felt pretty good for awhile but my descent was off and it was throwing my around. took off the heels and went back to vibrams
24 kg x 8/8 x 4 sets these actually started to feel good
 
straight snatch reps
24 kg x 7/7 x 4 sets

wow, looking back at the numbers it wasnt' that bad. and the video looks much better than it felt but it was a slog. 12 sets of snatches, not bad work at all

Close stance BW squats
30, 25, 20, 25= 100 reps!

Heel to Toe Lunges BW
10/10 x  4 rounds 80 reps alternate each set with squat above

was scheduled to pull the sled but it was too rainy and I just wasn't into it. this was better. Love working my legs these days. I could do it every day. Hey, wait, I am :)

 datsit. I'm tired

Sisu/


2 comments:

Diana said...

Mark-
I'm having fun snatching the 20kg, just wish the handle wasn't so damn big...might have to save some $$ to get some comp bells!

Mark Reifkind said...

the comp bell handle is MUCH smaller. you will like it. and great job!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...