Monday, January 20, 2014

20 kg snatches, split squats, crawls



Good day today,not enough stretchout time this morning but also not wrecked by yesterdays ruck walk or saturdays training combined with the weighted walk.

all the parts were in place today although energy was just fair. That was an effect of two hard training days in a row. But sustainable strength is more important now than any peak so I just adjusted. Hoped to do 5 sets of 10/10 with the 20 kg and that's just what happened. and not that hard either.

swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5/x 3

Snatches
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 10/10 x 5 sets
         x 5/5 x 3 sets
130 reps
5720 lbs work.

Not hard at all and I think the key was that I intentionally DID NOT power breathe at all. In fact, I didn't try to purposely breathe at all during the sets, Just used  as little breath power as necessary. Lowered my HR during each set considerably and made my cardio 20+% better instantly :)

Since biomechanical match breathing increases pressure( which increases tension which IS strength) I only need to use as much as necessary for the load during longer sets and or reps. I finally have the back stability NOT to need max intra abdominal pressure for even light weights and or low reps. This is a great thing and really shows improvement in my back health.

Trying to really HS breathe during high rep sets or timed tests makes it so much harder as to be near impossible!
Now I feel better about the snatch test.
Breathing and snatching this way will increase endurance but not as much strength and power. On my 3 sets of 5/5 I used biomechanical match and really increased the force output. Much different indeed.

Split squats ( video above)
4 sets of 12 /12

these are really coming along although I definitely felt the fatigue in the legs from the last two days AND the weighted squat stretches I did for eight sets yesterday during the walk.But if I want legs that never quit this is the route.

Crawls
3 laps of 50 feet forward only

TIRED!

done.A day off of loading tomorrow, just a nice stretchout


datsit.
NeverQuit/

information can only take one so far.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...