Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Ruck walk

OK now I'm tired :) Yesterday's training was quick and dirty but I sure felt it this morning. Not tweaked or sore just TIRED. And getting my butt out of the house into the walk took a little longer than usual. Just moving slowly.

And the walk seemed slow too, although it wasn't by the clock. The first 4 laps were the usual 7.5-8 minutes per laps but then they got FASTER, even though they felt slower and the lap time dropped to about 7 minutes or so.  Very weird. Warmer today too, no long sleeves needed , just a vest and the hat and gloves came off after a few laps.

I've gotten used to walking in the cold so it will be very different come the summer and the heat. I'll adapt but it will be very different indeed.
Feet were sore and legs just felt heavy.

Total time = 1:25 minutes
Ruck weight = 125 lbs

Snatches tomorrow so I need to roll and rest and eat up :)

datsit.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Mark-
Glad to hear you're getting used to walking in the "cold"....you'll need that next time Tracy comes and brings you!
Today's forecast high for us is supposed to be -6!
Tracy came during the perfect week!
See you next year! :)

Mark Reifkind said...

don't be sarcastic with me sister :), lol. if you lived here a few years you'd be whining like the rest of us if it drops below 40 :)

Diana said...

Hahaha....yup!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...