Wednesday, March 12, 2014

22 kg snatch, kb front squats and sled and a recumbent bike surprise.

SO weird. My shoulders keep trading back and forth which one is more restricted and tight. For a few weeks it was my right side and now it's back to the left. I did as desired, spent my open hour this am stretching and mobilizing the upper body in prep for the snatch workout today and things felt very good.
Especially after one of the PT's at No Excuses worked on the right side, which is the truly more injured side for a bit today. And my right shoulder had much better ROM at snatch workout than the left, which was way worse than it felt.

that's one of the reasons I love having video of my training; what I feel is going on in the body is rarely what actually is going on. seeing is believing, if not disturbing.It wasn't long ago my left overhead position was awesome ( this is on 2008 I believe) with NO actual incidents or injuries in the interim. It was deteriorated despite working on it all the time. Of course I am 57 years old and that, any way you cut it , is old athletically. Especially with the hard miles I have on this chassis but I don't care. I will figure it out.
Snatch workout
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
22 kg x 7/7 x 10 sets



they actually felt stronger than they have in forever and my wind was solid, pace fast(  just glen and I alternating I go you go, and the strength definitively UP. The bell felt like and nothing hurt.
Except looking at that left arm lockout ( sortof- PAINFUL :)


Prying goblet squat
 20 kg x 1
24 kg x 1 x 2

these weren't as helpful as I had thought they would be, or as is supported prying squats that I do earlier. Just really works the biceps and arms too much for the benefit.

2 kb front squat
2 16s x 5
2 20's x 5 x 5!!


these were strong as well, although I see that I am sitting back on my heels still. didn't feel that as much doing them as it shows, and, I thought I was deeper. I was looking in the mirror too. Ok  lots more work to do BUT they felt springy in the bottom and strong out of it and the knee was FINE! No pain at all, just need more ROM

which btw I have now in the recumbent bike,which I rode easily today for 15 minutes with ZERO problems in rotations and at level 5. Felt great. Haven't even tried in months

sled drag
95 lbs x 250 x 4 laps

these went great. legs strong and wind solid although I still wanted to throw up :) just tired now and hungry.


datsit.
neverquit



2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Yeah, but more importantly you look exactly the same at 57 as you did at 50!

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, that's a good thing :)

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...