Saturday, March 22, 2014

44 kg One arm swings, 28 kg double bell swings



More strong. Slept good, woke good and stretched out easy. The warmups felt light and strong and I took big jumps. When I got to the 44 it felt strong in my hand. Not light but strong. Grip felt solid as a rock and I remember so well when the 36 for triples tested my left hand grip big time.
All this heavy swing work is paying off; my grip feels like it did when I deadlifted and rowed heavy.
'Bout time.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 3/3
36 kg x 3/3
44 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets
         x 6/6 x 3 sets
         x 10/10 x 1 set
106 reps  ( new pr)
10,282 lbs of work

very happy with this

Double bell swing
2 20's x 10
2 24s x 8
2 28's x 7 x 3 sets
            10 x 1 set
these felt light til I got to the 10 rep set. that got me :) but overall very happy with this load.

db shoulder complex
bent laterals
thumb down side raises
4 x 15/15 x 4 sets

left out the front raises as I didn't feel they were helping my overhead position or scap strength. the rear and side delt work is good though.

big ruck tomorrow and feeling good! Had a very very solid full one hour stretch out yesterday getting both lower and upper body as well as ten solid minutes of recumbent bike work up to level 7, running in place! ( getting ready to jump rope) and some 10-15 full trotting throughout as well. this is very encouraging!

Plus the usual rolling, squat stance holds, couch series and ring/ stick overhead work as well.
Shoulders are feeling the best in many many moons.Freaking AWESOME! the myo release work on the forearms( flexor pollicus longus especially, as well as flexor digitalis) is keeping things square. That and the straight arm ring work is making a huge difference
It's always about finding that ONE key that unlocks all the doors.
It's tough but once I do it really pays dividends and makes repair and maintenance that much more efficient


datsit
neverquit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...