Saturday, March 15, 2014

I love it when strong shows up. 36 kg one arm swings and 24 kg doubles



Ah it's so nice to feel strong. Strong showed up today, quite unexpected, but so welcome nonetheless. Slept well, stretched out well and just "felt it" today. Another goal of mine besides the back of iron and legs that never quit is to be able to do heavier than ever workloads and not feel anything. that day or tomorrow.

We'll see about tomorrow but today was a big pr and it felt easy peasy.
I'm betting I'm fine tomorrow too. Hitting a new stride.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 3/3
36 kg x 8/8 x 8 sets
         x 16/16! x 1 set
160 reps
12,640 lbs

I remember quite well how hard the 36 kg was, especially for my left hand grip, for many many months, and how I struggled with it. This was awesome. Even the last set of 16/16 was not hard.

Double KB swings
2 20's x 8
2 24's x 8 x 4
         x 10

these two felt light and easy. BW is up 159.4 today, but bodyfat is low, I feel bigger and less fat so I guess I'm putting on some muscle. Hey I could put 5 pounds on that left leg/glute and not change anything else so it has to go somewhere :)

DB shoulder complex with 8's
bent laterals
thumb down lateral
alt front raises
4 rounds of 12 each

datsit!

heavy ruck tomorrow and we'll see if I can get another half lap in and get closer to 2 hours :)

never quit.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...