Wednesday, April 16, 2014

20 kg snatch, globlet squats walking lunges



Well this was damn close to a miracle that I got this workout in. Slept for shit last night after my traps and shoulders woke me up at 10 pm for no discernible reason. It could have been the presses but it might also have been the heavier tradionally done laterals OR the hangs I did that morning.
Either way I had almost no sleep and couldn't get my traps and delt(s) to calm down.  Tracy dug into my traps and I worked the teres all day but it didn't release. I felt tons of tension in the flexor pollicus longus but didn't have the time to work it enough to release it.

By the time I got home today I could barely lift my right arm over my head at all but I was hoping the snatch would reset the shoulder and the musculature like it has done so many time. It took a few sets but it did :)

Snatch
12 kg x 5/5 x 2
14 kg x 5/5 x 2
16 kg x 5/5
          x 10/10
18 kg x 10/10 x 4 sets
20 kg x 10/10 x 4 sets

the heavier I went the better it felt and the more the shoulder opened up For some reason both pecs were locked down tight last night as well. So weird but the overhead positioned, when arrived at via the snatch, for me, really counter balances it all.
Not a pr but good solid work and not too hard even considering I was fighting not just  the weight of the bell buy my own tightness

Goblet squats
4 x 5 with 20 kg

best ever, really starting to love this movement
legs feel great

Walking lunges , bodyweight ( with counter arm motion)
4 laps of 60 feet.

these went GREAT and adding in the arm motion made a huge difference. and the easiest I've ever lunged. knees were touching the ground  effortlessly.if I'm ok tomorrow these are in.


datsit. crazy good that I got this in. NOW I have to actually SLEEP tonight!

neverquit.


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...