Saturday, May 24, 2014

48 kg One arm swing Pr total, 52 and 68 kg two hand swings, triceps



Strong day and a solid pr but it was tough! I felt strong and the bell felt heavy at the same time! Decided to go for 6's as I thought I would be able to gather a bit more momentum but it was tough on the grip. My grip is as strong as it has been in a long long time but even just one more rep with the Beast pushed it hard.

I was able to transfer from left to right  and did so for the first five sets then alternated starting with right arm and setting it down for the left arm. Worked fine. I will get back to transfer right to left soon, I can feel it. As my left shoulder is so much more stable it will work out and the weirdness is,is that the shoulder get wonky as I REACH FOR THE BELL! with no weight yet and moves around before I catch it. Definitely don't want to try to grab 108 falling pounds with my shoulder not in the right place :)

Also much better height and power on each rep.It's definitely good to have to handle this bell once a month. More time between sessions would not be good.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 6/6 x 10 sets
120 reps PR
12,720 lbs! nice

these warmup jumps are ideal to get to the beast.

Two hand swing
52 kg x 8 x 2
68 kg x 5 x 2
52 kg x 10 x 2

the handle on the 68 kg is not good for me and irritates the tendon on my left ring finger. It's just too narrow. I've never had that issue before and if I cinch up on it more it makes it worse. Not risking tendon or finger issues for it though.
the weight felt light though. and the 52 kg swings went great!

Plan is now to just use whatever weight I am using on one arm swings that day as I move to the two hand swing and adjust power and volume accordingly.

Ring triceps extension
20, 12, 10, 10

wow these crashed fast! great work though and still no issues with shoulder or clavicle.
sweet :)

datsit. 12 lap ruck walk tomorrow. that is the new goal 12 laps in two hours. Can't wait.

neverquit.

and a sincere thanks on Memorial day to those vets all throughout our history that made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe and free. Respect!

2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

“The wonderful things in life are the things you do, not the things you have.”
― Reinhold Messner

Mark Reifkind said...

true dat

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...