Monday, June 16, 2014

28 kg double front squat, 24 kg single front squats, belt squat and hip sled



heavy day today and I don't mean just the weight size. It felt heavy,lol. Getting back on track has caught up to me a bit today and the double 28's were a real test. No tweaks though after the heavy swings and long ruck but I was tired and tight.
Especially my calves which ended up hurting me in my depth. But no excuses, just another day at the office and while the reps weren't my best, they were a pr and the job got done.

Double front squats
2 16's x 5 x 2
2 20's x 4
2 24's x 3
2 28's x 3 x 6 sets

Single bell front squats


these were interesting. I was definitely done with double so I thought I'd try this. They worked pretty well and when I was doing them I felt like I was much deeper than I was via the video above :)
Hard to watch depth in the mirror when I have to keep my head up to hold my arch.lol. But it'll get there. Looser calves will help
 20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5

definitely different too being able to do higher reps  on each side. Plus the side carrying the load obviously does more work. Interesting movement I likey.

Belt squats
36 kg x 12,14,16. 20

yeow! blow torch on the quads/ Decided not to stand on plates because I always feel a bit off in the knees the next day after I do that. this was plenty of ROM

Hip sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 5 laps

five is the new four. Not bad at all

Negative only pushups
3 sets of 5

trying these again. no repercussions from Saturday's pushps so maybe if I do these without the overhead work the shoulders will behave and let me build some more upper body mass :)

Ring extensions
1 sets of 12
tri's surprisingly cooked :)

datsit.
neverquit.


1 comment:

MoritzInsider said...

Hi mark,

Was curious if you would like to try one of our kettlebells in exchange for a review on your site and ours?

It isn't just an ordinary kettlebell. Check out this comparison and our own video/pictures...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162540641

http://www.repfitness.com/conditioning/strength-equipment/kettlebells/rep-competition-kettlebells

No other strings attached, and a free kettlebell! If you'd like to iron out the details, just email me at info@repfitness.com

Thank you,

Shane

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...