Saturday, July 12, 2014

Double 24 kg swings, heavy two hand swings, crawl, tri's



Going to switch  Saturdays to two bell swings as the main movement for the next month or so. I think the emphasis on super heavy one arm swings has put my abdominal  region a bit out of balance, muscularly, and  the external obliques are over developing relative to the rectus abdominus.The linea alba area is separating a bit and I've developed what called a diastasis recti. Seems to be the purview of post pregnancy but I seemed to have caught it do .Time for some more ab centric swinging as well as some actual rectus abdominus work.

Also the emphasis on back extensions every day over the ball might have lead to this with the constant stretching. It's not a dangerous condition at all but it's definitely out of balance. My training partner developed the same thing almost at the same time and we do pretty much the exact workouts.

It's either that or the lats themselves are pulling too hard and I've developed a stretching routine that is addressing that as well. Either way I did almost nothing but one arms for ten years but this has occurred only after going into the uber heavy bells.My PT at work says the overdevelopment of the obliques and lats can create this.

We'll see.

Two bell swing
2 16's x 10 x 2
2 20's  x 5
2 24's x 10 x 10
100 reps
10,600 lbs ( the magic workload it seems )

Two hand swings
32 kg x 10
36 kg x 10
40 kg x 10
44 kg x 10
48 kg x 10
40 kg x 10
36 kg x 10
32 kg x 10

that was great and I had thought about ten sets but that was plenty for today

Leopard Crawls
4 laps of 60 feet

stronger today here

Ring extensions / rear delts with band
4 x 10  ss 4 x 12 ( last two sets with red bands)

crunches : 3 sets finding the right positions. If I stretch back too far the diastasis pops up and I don't want that do it's a very small movement. will play with leg raises as well

ok datsit. Heavy ruck tomorrow. Pack weight is going up

neverquit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...