Monday, July 07, 2014

KB Floor Press, belt squats, hip sled



Well, I didn't think it would be the one arm shield casts that would get me but they did. Not having the proper shoulder mobility to do these well, especially after such a long layoff, using momentum to grind through the bad ROM ended up in my back.

Nothing scary but enough of a pain in the ass to disrupt my day and today's workout as well

Decided to try one arm kb floor press in an effort to 1) stay out of my back and 2) find a press movement I can tolerate beside pushups. Interesting for me to see the video. On my left arm I have the bell too close to the body not like my normal floor press ( barbell) groove at all and my shoulder is not packed at all

On the right it's wider, and better but the right shoulder doesn't want to let the elbow touch and I can really feel it here. I think it MIGHT help to stretch out the tight front delt but who knows? I haven't done a horizontal press in eons and it felt might weird and mighty heavy, considering that I used to use high 300's on the barbell floor press regularly for years :)
Strength goes fast if you don't use it :)

If I can brush my teeth tomorrow and Wed I might have a new press to play with. I might use doubles as well if I can figure out the setup.
 KB Floor press
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3/3 x 4
20 kg x 4/4, 5/5

definitely have to move the left arm wider.It's all front delt in this position/

Belt squats
36 kg x 10,12,14,16

these felt creaky at first and then strong,very strong. legs feel great back from the trip

Hip sled
95 x 250 x 4 laps

getting tired now

Ring Ext
3 x 8,7,6

now this is tightening up my back again. Time for ibuprofen and a nap :)

datsit but shield casts are out. Perhaps halo' but no momentum yet

Neverquit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...