Saturday, August 23, 2014

40 kg One arm swings, 32 kg goblets, pushups, crawls



Back to the  ditch :) Haven't done a 'regular' heavy one arm swing workout in awhile it seems and this was  just what I thought it would be: heavy. 
Perfect time to get back to strong.

One arm swing
16 kg x 5/5 x3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 10 sets
100 reps

these took, as usual about 5 sets of warm up. But, looking at the video, it's not as bad as it felt: bell height, speed, etc.

Transfers
24 kg  x 40 reps

I read where Peter Lakatos maintained his snatch test conditioning by doing 100 rep transfer sets with 32 kg. I think I will throw one set of these in after my one arms and work up to 100 reps in one set as well going up in weight after I make the reps.

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 5

I thought these would be a good alternative lift/day for these but it wasn't. After all those one arms it was just as much arm work as anything, what I was trying to get away from in the kb front squat. Oh well back to the drawing board.
The question is where to put  front or goblet squats  if I am going to snatch as the main lift on wednesdays. I'll figure it out.32 kg felt heavy : in my arms :)

Crawls
four laps of 60 ft. 

this was a strong day for that.Going to crawls before pushups is probably the reason.

Pushups (parallel parallettes)
14
13
12
6 ( feet on box)

these were good shoulders just tired

Db side delts

12 lbs x 10 x 3 sets

good session, Just me and Glenn so the pace was very fast. Tactical periodization baby!
back to the ruck tomorrow can't wait. missed it last week

This looks like the new menu

Saturday
One arm swings
H2H swings
Two hand swings
Crawls
Pushups
Side delts

Sunday
Ruck walk

Monday
Floor Pushups
Belt squats
Triceps assistance
Hip Sled
Rear Delts

Wednesday
Goblet squat ( work up to top set)
Snatch ( speed work single arm sets)
Walking Lunge
Pushups
Hip sled
Rear Delt


datsit.
neverquit


3 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Nice goblet squats. For an added dimension, try those on your toes.

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, you first. see you on tuesday :)

Morgan L. said...

I had to open my big mouth!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...