Saturday, September 20, 2014

28 kg One arm swings, 24 kg transfers,clubbell arm cast and crawls



De load day today. Needed this even if I weren't traveling on Tuesday but man it's hard to do. I tried to keep the load and the volume down more than  a bit and it worked out fine. Have a long 8 days coming up with international travel, weird time zone work and sleep situation as well as a three hard days of teaching and demos. Have to be fresh as I can for it.

Same with tomorrow's ruck. Either will do 40 lbs for just one hour or 20 lbs for two. Haven't decided yet.

today

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 8/8 x 10 sets
160 reps
10,080 lbs

not hard at all but it's always weird when I am trying 'not to try too hard' as well as not to get hurt. I always feel my most vulnerable then. Strange. but all went well and bell height, speed and position were solid. work load easy

Transfers
24 kg x 40 x 1

working my way up to 100 reps I think, plus normally I would do a second, back off set. I think this will help my 5 minutes tests both snatch and one arm ( if I ever do either again :)  )

Clubbell arm casts
20 lbs x 10
25 lbs x 8
           x 10 x 2

much easier than last week.I would have gone up. Next time

Crawls
1 x 60 ft
   x 70 ft
    x 80 ft

cut back the sets but went a little further

Military press practice
15 lb bar x 3 sets of 5 with hold overhead

just greasing the groove for monday

oh yea, Nick did 3 sets of 5/5 in the one arm swing with the 68 kg bell! 150 lbs! Amazing strength and power here



time to roll, stretch and hang out. tomorrow either way is a easy walk

getting ready for CROATIA

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...