Sunday, September 07, 2014

32 kg One arm swings, goblet squats, crawls and clubs



 A bit late with this post as I spent the day yesterday after training at my granddaughters birthday party. Can't believe she is five!

Yesterday was tough, I've been a bit tired and down this whole week and yesterday was no exception. Glad that it was only the 32 kg I had to swing, and that was heavy enough! It took the usual 4 sets to warmup and things got a bit better but it was still no joke. 200 one arm swings with that bell in sets of 10/10 is always a challenge-especially focusing on keeping power and bell speed high.
But these workouts are the key- the ones that aren't easy, that don't feel the greatest, where your mental strength is as challenged, or more, than your physical. These are the ones that really make you stronger.


One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5/5
24 kg x 5/5/5
32 kg x 10/10 x 10 set
200 reps
14,000 lbs

a nice workload.

Goblet squats
16 kg x 5
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 4 x 4

these were easy on the legs tough on the arms! Really focused on increasing depth on this movements. Plan on cycling squats on saturdays from goblets, to one bell front squat to double.

Leopard crawls
3.5 laps of 60 feet

wanted four laps but shoulder and arms were just shot so I called it there.

Two hand arm cast
20 lbs x 8/8 x 2
25 lbs x 6/6

my pecs and shoulders were saying NO to pushups so I decided to give these a try. Seemed to work fine it will be great if I can work them back into the schedule again.

datsit. got to get ready for my ruck walk now. Weight goes up to a full 40 lbs! This could be interesting.

neverquit.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...