Monday, October 20, 2014

70 lb Barbell Military press, 40 kg goblet squat pr, floor pushups,sled.



It definitely isn't pretty but I did it and it's a PR. This was the second attempt. The first I let go at the bottom as I didn't have a solid grip on the horns. And, that, without a doubt was the hardest part of this- swinging it up to the rack position.

I did not take this seriously, I just did it as a lark, an afterthought, which is precisely why it basically kicked my ass and threw me around like a rag doll. I haven't done the 36 kg for a few months( july 24) but that one was way better. But it was also done as the main course in the workout. Not after ten sets of presses. Eithe way it's done but it has to be better.

Definitely also feeling beat up today. Got a decent 20 min stretchout in the am but I am tired. Not much sleep last night didn't help either. Tracy got in late from her trip and then I couldn't fall asleep. No worries.

Barbell Press
15 lbs x 5 x 2
45 lbs x 5 x 2
55 lbs x 5
65 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5 x 5 !
55 x 5 x 3
12 total sets! these felt very solid. It's all coming together. wore my Oly shoes for this and that helped as I suspected. Helps me get a better lumbar arch and that always helps me.

Also, just as in my bench I have to flex my lats and raise my chest FIRST to start the press or 1) my shoulders hurt  and 2) I'm no where near as strong.this felt good. Hard but good and I could really feel the triceps working - AND how freakin weak they are! They will get bigger and stronger too.

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5 x 2
24 kg x 5
32 kg x 5
40 kg x Miss
40 kg x 2

missed the first attempt by not getting the swing up right. Bad rack and I let it go in the bottom
40 kg was freakin heavy :)

Pbar pushups
12 x 1
11 x 1 ( left tricep spasming a bit)
Floor pushups
2 x 10

better, I think the tri got overdone and the pbar work was too similar. it's ok now

Sled drag
95 lbs x 250 ft x 4

these were strong and relatively easy.

need some rest now!

datsit
Neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...