Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Ruck: Step down week



After such a strong and hard training week I knew I would hit a wall sometime soon and I thought it might be this morning on the ruck walk. It was. I had planned to step back, rather than fall off, the peak I've been on and it worked out well to do so.

Still two hours with a 40 lbs on your back is a long walk when things are tired. But I decided not to time any of the laps and just let my body set the pace, regardless of how slow it might feel. I did pretty well timing just the 6th and the 11th lap to see how close my perceived exertion was to real time.

It was pretty close and the pace wasn't so bad. Legs were just tired from the start. My  6th lap was 8:25, not bad at all. and my 11th lap after feeling that going so slowly wasn't making things easier was a solid 8:05. It was easier to push it then to hold back but I needed to gear down nonetheless.

This was just a pure slog but the legs are not hurt or achey, just tired. Sweated a ton with the humidity high and lost 2 lbs of water !

So

40lbs
2 hours 10 minutes  walk

barbell presses pushups and goblets tomorrow

datsit
neverquit.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...