Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Swing Vo2 max, walking lunges, pushups



Another easy one before I leave for Denmark. Never have done max vo2 training with just swings and it was very interesting.
I used the 16 kg and did 10 one arm swings per 15 seconds . It wasn't that bad at all but it definitely got my attention towards the end. It will take some time to develop the technique to throw the bell even faster but for now it definitely is better than trashing myself with  almost snatches

Swing Vo2
16 kg
15:15
30 sets of 10
300 reps
10,800 lbs work

I can see using the 18 or 20 kg on this no problem. Well, lots of work but no joint issues,lol. Really has potential

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

these are burners no matter how strong I feel

Pushups
3 sets of 15
1 set of 10

on horizontal p bars

shoulders were very good

isometric  external rotators done grease the groove style all morning. definitely sets the shoulder


datsit
time to get going

neverquit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

i wanted to drop you a note and wish you best of luck in your future endeavors. I enjoy reading your blog as well as the advice you have given on Dragon Door and StrongFirst.

As someone who switched careers in mid-life, change is awyas good

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, I am very excited about the future

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...