Saturday, December 20, 2014

32 kg One arm swings, 28 kg single front squat, close pushups, crawls



Wanted to get back to some heavier weights but didn't want quite as much volume as 10's would give so I split the difference and went for 8's , it was perfect. Everything feeling great this morning. Solid roll stretch and hang this am as warmup too

One arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 x 4/4
32 kg x 8/8 x 12 sets
192 reps
6144 lbs

Really tried to keep my head and eyes up on the swings and it was definitely harder than with swing vo 2 and the 16 kg. But overall not bad for first attempt. Reading Becoming Bulletproof by Tim Anderson and I want to experiment. Actually starting to feel good, and with all the revelations I am having vis a vis my neck's connection to my shoulder it's a good time to play with this

Single KB front squats
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5 ( this was solid)
28 kg x 5/5 ( pretty tough on rack- not keeping arm across the body enough)
24 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5


depth and movement felt ok. Decided to try this version as the double bells seem to light up my abs too much and my back comes with it the next day. We'll see tomorrow

Close grip pushups on hor bar- feet on box
13
13
10
10

these felt excellent! lots of tri work too, which is why I brought the grip in

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 50 ft

kick my ass even more after pushups!Solid workout very happy

datsit
neverquit  

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...