Saturday, December 13, 2014

Back to work :) One arm swings weight ladder,double front squat weight ladder, crawls



Man this jet lag kicked my ass big time this trip! I think that because we were gone two full weeks that I fully adapted to European time ( after suffering through serious jet lag the first week ) and then it hit us again coming back here. Just a few days in and they say it's one day per hour of time change you go through.
That means it could be a nine day recovery :)
Great

But, I knew I needed to get back on the horse today and get things moving again. I didn't want to re start my cycle with 250-300 24 kg swings- too much volume and speed) but I needed a little of this and a little of that.

So I settled on a weight ladder and it was perfect

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5 x 2
22 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5 x 2
28 kg x 5/5 x 2
32 kg  5/5 x 2
36 kg x 5/5 x 2
40 kg x 5/5 x 2
36 kg x 5/5 x 1
32 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5

160 reps starting with the 20 kg set
Perfect blend of loading and volume . I needed to get to some heavy bells. I demo'd a lot at the cert but nothing heavy. this was exactly right jump back in

Double KB Front squats
2 16 x 5 x 2
2 20 x 5 x 2
2 24 x 3 x 2

same thing here. Legs are still strong from all the bw squatting I do all day plus plenty of ruck walking as well as regular walking all over for travel. Legs feel solid.'
But pretty weak feeling. Also caught a small cold yesterday and still slept like shit :)

Crawls
three laps of 50 feet

Horizontal bar pushups
13, 11, 10

datsit time to eat

neverquit

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Rif,

Would you olease be so Kind and tell US about your diet? What are Main principles?

Mark Reifkind said...

Sure, for the most part I use a variation on the warrior diet. have for almost ten years

breakfast 4 am coffee with heavy cream
5-9 am green tea
9 am handful or two of raw almonds
2 -3 pm main meal stirfry
onion
garlic
spinach
mushroom
3 eggs
1 slice cheese
1 full fat yoghurt

5pm vegetable soup with some kind of protein ( whatever tracy makes)
2 -3 glasses red wine

some kind of sweet ( chocolate/ gummies) after meal

that's the basic template and has kept my weight in check ( 160 lbs at 11-12 % bf) for years

the key is finding what works for you and actually doing it.

I considered mainly a high fat high vegetable diet :)

Diana said...

Welcome back to American soil! Hope that cold runs it's course fast!

I like the swing ladder, I've done that (with "slightly" lighter bells!) and absolutely love it. Short, sweat, heavy and to the point!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana

cold is almost gone already just a little one. the swing ladder was, indeed short and to the point . just right for a comeback workout. I'll have to remember this one

Unknown said...

Any supplements to note that you feel beneficial? Ie vtamins etc

Mark Reifkind said...

Hunter I am a BIG believer in adaptogenic herbs have been using them for many years
I get them through Barlowes Herbal exixirs.com ( all one word)

this guy has the best and freshest I've ever found.Makes a HUGE difference in recovery and strength. Google adaptogens, it's amazing.

Other than that I have taken 1-2 gm Vit C every day for 30 years and added in Bcomplex lately as well.

I believe that garlic and onions ( high sulphur veg) are crucial as natural anti biotic/viral as well

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...