Saturday, January 17, 2015

24 kg Snatch, Handstands, Goblet squat pyramid,clubbell arm cast, leopard crawls



Had hoped to get more overhead stretch time in this morning before training but got caught up in the BodyMaintenance manual and time got away from me. Still I felt good going in but haven't snatched first thing in the morning in forever, so I  took my time warming up.

Was super tight as usual but I thought that things would open up as I got heavier and they did. Not even close to perfect,especially on the right but definitely better than I expected for my first time back with the 24.

One arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5 x 3

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5 x 5
24 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets

not bad at all. experimented with head up, at first, then a few sets with head down ( old technique) and not quite sure it made that big a difference .head up for sure on the left, not decided on the right.

Handstands
Kickups with spot


this went SO much better than I expected! It gave me hope, a lot of it! I was planning on only doing stack ups at first but when I did the first few sets I realized I could do a spotted handstand and it worked. First time I felt weight full on the hand so I knew I was on the right track.

Then tried some against the wall. Not quite as good but hell, I REACHED it!


this gives me a lot of hope

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 5
 strong and deep!

 One arm clubbell casts
10 lbs x 10/10 x 2
15 lb x 10/10 x 2

these went well. glad they are back in the mix

Crawling
2 laps of 70 feet ( pr for distance)

 these went well, was more tired than I expected from the snatches but all in one piece!
I think we might  alternate snatch vo2 with 24 kg snatches every other wednesday. that might be a strategy. definitely NOT going to snatch twice a week!

Ok ruck march tomorrow with 19 kg! No futzing around with the devices, just ruck!

datsit
NEVER quit.
NEVER>

2 comments:

Diana said...

Mark,
Are you sure the only body part you replaced was your knee?
You are such an inspiration (as is your marvelous wife!) to us "oldies".....I sure hope you write more than just a manual in regards to body mechanics and movement!

Mark Reifkind said...

you're sweet Diana :)

Yup that was all they replaced but that was holding me back on so many levels it's made ginormous difference..

My writers block seems to be over so hopefully the manual is just the beginning.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...