Saturday, January 24, 2015

36 kg One arm swings, handstand practice, 36 kg goblet squat, pushups



Very, very solid practice today. Shoulder has been the best it's been in months since the snatch workout on Wednesday, much enjoying it!
Since  I missed the 32 kg one arms on last weeks schedule I decided to split the difference and go to the 36 kg bell. It was the right move and the bell felt light and I felt strong.  38 degrees in the meat locker, I mean gym this morning but we warmed up fast
Just Glenn Joe and me so it was a fast pace but conditioning keeps getting better all the time so no problem
Felt like I could have done 8's or more no problem after I warmed up ( 5th set)

6 am full stretch and roll

8am
One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 7/7 x 10 sets
140 reps
11,120 lbs

Handstand practice


this felt better than it looks in the video but it was much much better than even last week. All the restriction is in the serratus and lats but it's opening up. Now, to just get more than one practice a week,lol. BUT I don't want to push too fast.

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
32 kg x 3
36 kg x 3 x 3


these felt the best ever at this weight, and the hop up felt solid. Arms were tired though or I would have done 5's lol depth was solid.

Parallel  grip pushups
4 sets 14, 14, 13, 10

very solid and feeling it mostly in the triceps, where I want to.

ok solid solid day. Adding 2.5 lbs to ruck tomorrow to bring it up to 19 kg 42.5 lbs

datsit.
nevequit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...