Saturday, January 03, 2015

48 kg One arm swings ( double pr) , Goblet squat PR, pushups crawls



Weird day. Slept well was well hydrated and pretty well recovered from thursday's ruck as well as the week's training. But it was FREEZING today in the garage. Literally. Under 30 degree for most of it and we all felt it.
 Strange too that I didn't have any problem warming up, so to speak, the warmup sets felt light and my body felt squared away but it was just bone cold
I never really got settled in. My grip felt week and because of that I was worried about my biceps and shoulders. First time ever trying to keep my head up with the 48 kg swing and that kind of pulled me out of groove. Proprioception was way off
Completely different than last week, that's for sure. I didn't transfer for that reason. Felt not quite connected to my body and sense of balance was off. I wasn't sure I was going to make all ten sets but I started feeling much better on set six. Seven and eight were good too. Just tired on nine and ten

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5
48 kg x 7/7 ( rep pr ) x 10 ( total pr)
140 reps
14,840 lbs!!

I was just focused on getting through it alive and unscathed

Goblet squat


Very surprised I even tried the 44 kg but it went pretty well. Had the same issue with the mirror on this as the early sets I was watching myself but didn't trust it to hop the bell into position with heavy weight so with 44 no mirror. Also made a big jump from 36 kg to 44kg which in retrospect didn't help things.
Didn't quite catch the 44 perfectly and that made it a bit harder and cost me another rep. Still VERY happy with this

Goblet squat
24 kg x 5 x 2
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 3
36 kg x 3
44 kg x 2 PR

Horizontal pushups
12, 12, 10, 8

very solid medium close grip. lots of triceps

Crawls
3 laps of 50 feet.

solid stuff. felt easy but I was tired :)

ok long ruck tomorrow got stretch it out

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Lars said...

Rif,
I am them guy from a few posts away regarding the rucks.hope you remember.happy new year to you anyway.
I have come to the conclusion that i quit performance oriented training till april and go more into bodybuilding gironda style, maybe 8x8. I found that i am actually a fat fuck so i need to trim down a bit and even want to look better. I ve never tought about that aesthetic aspect of training but it sounds right at them moment. The low rep stuff in rings the last year had burned me out a bit. So its ok now.
I will ruck also one time in a week with them dogs.bike commute everyday also, its a necessary. I dont know what your opinion in gironda is but it would be nice to hear about it.
P.s.: ordered original strength today.do you read that book actually?
Kraft und Gesundheit,

Lars

Mark Reifkind said...

Lars

1) gironda style bodybuilding is excellent! very classic bodybuilding.it won't change your bodyfat though,follow his diet advice too and keep rucking

2) Love Original Strength. read the first two books and working on the third ( re sets)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...