Monday, March 30, 2015

95 lb Military press 6x5(pr), 85 lb barbell hacks, floor pushups ( pr), sled pull



Played around with Rippetoes Oly press technique and didn't really like it. It doesn't help my main problem which is the overhead position, in fact it makes it worse.
The close grip makes my lockout even more restricted and I think my layback technique is probably the best for me right now.
The Oly start does bypass the shoulder a little but I think my  technique is kind of a blend between his and a true strict press. I went up to 85 lbs with it but I didn't get a really good feeling from it so I went back.
The above video is kind of a hybrid.the grip is close and I started using some hip drive naturally so it wasn't too bad.
The PR on the press was just an extra set. I didn't look at the number before so I wasn't sure. The good news is that the weight felt light in my hands

Military press
 stick x million
45 x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5 x 6 sets

Barbell hacks
55 x 12
75 x 12
85 x 10 x 4

these were done more slowly than usual. felt very solid. heavier and lower reps felt good.

Floor pushups
17 PR!
15
14
12

best floor pushup session yet.

Sled drag
105 lbs  250 ft x 4 laps

legs felt solid, endurance good too think the work capacity is on the upswing again, we'll see Wednesday with another round of swing Vo2 with the 24 kg

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...