Monday, June 08, 2015

110 lb Military press PR ( 5x5) Split squats, floor pushups, rear delts



Shoulders felt great all day. Worked my hangs in the morning and had a full hour stretchout. I really think what's happening with my shoulders, more than anything, is that my body is settling down and seeking neutral after the TKR.

I'm not doing things that much different than I was but they seem to be working better. Perhaps it's just starting to finally work after all this time training it

Either way the hangs went well and I think they are the shoulder/lat equivalent of my static squat stretches when I was working to increase knee ROM
By hanging there the lats, after time, 'give out' and the muscle releases. Or that's what seems to be happening . Same that occurred with the knee,
If I can just get it to stay long the overhead position could be better than it has in ages.

Barbell Mil Press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 2
110 x 5 x 5! PR!!

this went very very well. SO much easier when the shoulders actually move :) Plus getting my left elbow "in" right away fixed the little tricep pings I was getting unracking the weight.

Bulgarian Split squats
10
10
12
15

not so good this time; mainly because the rear leg position on the ankle was more noticeable than any quad work. Not sure this will work. Perhaps regular static split squats

Floor pushups
20
18
15
15

shoulders tired but overall better. especially after the bar work

band rear delts
4 sets of 12

no sled. SUPER hot today and we still aren't recovered. 16 min of 24 kg swings on Wednesday too.

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...