Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Ruck

Now that was hard.
After teaching all day yesterday I was just plumb tired this morning at 6 am but I rucked up and rucked out.
It actually started out better than expected
Slow but legs felt good and not too heavy. I chose not to do pause squats as I wanted to make sure I actually got the whole ruck in but did 3 sets on laps 4, 7 and 9

Lap ten got hard. I got slow
Eleven and twelve were tough mentally. I was just tired but nothing hurt. Luckily the weather was  actually cool for a change with a slight breeze. That made it possible .If it had been super hot and humid it could have broke me.
Naw but I would have been miserable

50 lb ruck
12 laps
3 paused squats ( 30 sec)
2 hours

ok tomorrow will be another test: the sixth day in a row of training ; heavy military presses. We'll see how I feel

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...