Monday, August 24, 2015

95 lb Military press, 36 kg belt squats, floor pushups, sled, rear delts



Fun but hard weekend in Chicago for the StrengthMatters summit. Lots of travel with quick turnaround was actually tougher than my last trip to UK it seems. Or, I'm getting old or I'm out of traveling shape.

I don't have much time to adapt, I'll be doing alot very soon.

The summit was great, and the best part was partaking of Franz's sprinting group. Wasn't sure I should, or could but the drills felt great and I ended up doing some seriously decent striders at the last part of the session, it was heaven!

Just like in the running dreams I used to have before my TKR.

Did a ton of walking through airports with packs so it was a light rucking weekend but still lots got done

only 4 or so hours of sleep last night so today was a bit rough. lessened the loads but things went fine.
 Oh, and elbow re set perfectly, finally and it feels normal again
Just wish I knew what made it go out.

Barbell press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 5x5

not bad felt lighter than last week and it was but only 5 pounds and last week felt 20 lbs heavier compared to this

Belt squat
3 kg x 12, 13, 14 ,15

solid legs feel great. slowly amping the reps up again

Floor pushups
 4 sets of 20

elbow is completely normal
fucking weird. all I know is that I did NOT like that pain and I am not going back to that world. not for anything

sled pull
105 x 250ft x 3

fatigue kicking in, time to stop and eat.

db rear delts
 3 sets of 12 12 lb  dbs

ok now shifting back to normal - for a few weeks

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...