Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Speed Swings, 24 kg 14 min, walking lunges, Horiz bar pushups,kb row

Another solid speed day in the books. We jumped up from 10 minutes last week and it went ok but in weird stages

First five minutes were easy
Second five were moderately tough but mainly mental hard to stay focused on staying calm
Last four just cruised by and then it was over before I knew it. very distinct stages.Elbow is perfect,completely back to normal. Strange too but I'm happy and for the first time in ages both shoulders are as balanced together as I can remember.
Maybe the torque is, as I've been saying, just working it's way out of my body. maybe it came out the elbow and is gone :)

Speed Swings
24 kg
15;15
10 reps per set
28 sets
280 swings
14,480 lbs
7.42 tons

Not as powerful as I hoped but they were steady. Still a bit off my game per the travel.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps

hard after the swings, as usual but not weak

Horiz Bar pushups
20
18
15
15

68 reps upper back was tired but shoulder and elbow were great

KB Row 20 kg x 8 x 4 sets

ok back to a ruck tomorrow!

oh yea decided to sell my Risto's, the toe box is just too narrow for me and it's harder to get rooted. Buying a pair of Innov8 fast lifts. I've pretty much worn Innov8's continuously since my TKR and they fit my foot perfectly. All three pairs.
Hopefully their oly shoes are built on the same last


datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...