Monday, September 14, 2015

115 lb Military press,40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, leopard crawls, side delt



Well this was a better workout than I thought it was! Just looking back at my numbers for this and my 5x5 pr is with 110 lbs and with 120 lbs I've done 4 sets of 2. Today I did 5 sets of 3 with 115 and it was strong! Definitely could have done 4's for sure.
Made a great technique discovery too- brought my grip in about 1/2 inch closer and really worked to get and keep my elbows IN more in the rack and what a difference it made! Way more torque in the shoulder and hand

I've been struggling trying to squeeze the bar harder because it really helps strength but I just have felt like I didn't have a great grip connection- well bringing the hands in just that much made the bar fit so much better in the hand I could really crush it.

Crazy such a small thing makes such a huge difference but it can.

It also helps that my shoulders have been feeling much better of late

Military press
 stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 5
     x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 3 x 5 sets! PR


Belt squats
4 sets of 15 with 40 kg
VERY strong. Love these shoes

Floor pushups
4 sets of 21
84 reps

use the same thing here. closer hand spacing and more shoulder torque. NO clunking even at the later sets and reps!

Leopard crawls
3 sets of 40 50 and 60 ft

db side delts
12 lbs x 3 sets of 12

just getting back to it but man these were strong! having a strong day :)

ok day off tomorrow then speed swings!

datsit
neverquit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rif

"Leopard crawls
3 sets of 40 50 and 60 ft"

Are these the same as Bear crawls?

Peace ~ Bear

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...