Saturday, September 12, 2015

48 kg One Arm Swing ( PR),20 kg double cleans,Wt lunges,horiz pushups



This was tough but good. I was a bit worried after the first set when I found the left hand grip not so strong for all 8 reps! Not a good sign. I really had to grip it tight to reinforce it and then I was concerned about tearing.
No  tears but this was some serious work.
All four of us agreed but in silence. When it's this tough all the chatter stops and people are just trying to survive. And not lose focus.Everyone was working
It seems that when the reps get over seven per hand with heavy loads it really gets tough.Especially on the second hand but hey, this was PR territory.
That means I've never done it so it should be expected to be a bit tough.
But my body felt great, I slept well and was mentally ready. I should have expected a tough one :)

One arm swing
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 3/3
48 kg x 8/8 (pr) x 10
160 reps ( ties pr)
16,960 lbs
8.48 tons

nice. and the pace was quick even with four of us rotating through. Getting close to 200 rep goal( 10 x 10/10) but it that will be a muther!
Also swing height is still lower than I want so even as I approach 200 I will have to recycle and rebuild to get more power and height in the swing.
No worries, I'll be working on something in either case

Double cleans
2 20's x 6,7,8

these were great. wanted something light after the beast work. Getting back to cleans and may play around with single cleans for reps, as a snatch substitute :)

Weighted Lunges( split squat)
2 16's x 5/5 x 5 sets

these worked perfectly. I want to give pistols a rest as it is bothering my right rectus femoris and locking the right hip a lot. I went to them to isolate the left leg for size but I think the simultaneous stretch on the right back leg might be a good thing to keep things balanced. If the right is a little bigger than the left it won't kill me
But these felt good, hard in a very good way.
some kickstand squats too but not much.

Will work those in to my daily squat/mobility work

Horiz Pushups
3 sets of 20

easy

datsit
neverquit

long ruck tomorrow.



No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...