Monday, December 14, 2015

100 lb Military press, 40 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, side delt



Fresh off the plane from the Seacoast kettlebell BodyMaintenance workshop so I decided to back off as appropriate.
Things went great and there was more sitting around ( Friday and Sunday travelling) than moving ( saturday) but that was fine. Nice rest and it also showed me that I can at last survive NOT constantly moving to self correct. I pretty much sat the entire ride(s) home on Sunday and was fine( back WAS starting to tighten up just at the end of the day) but best ever. I used to have to constantly stretch and move or  I would lock up like a big dog.

A little goes a long way now and that's fine with me. All the work DOES pay off and people don't have to mobilize and stretch excessively forever.Just enough to get them square plumb and neutral. But you gotta do the work

Military press
stick x clean and press x 5 x 2 ( getting ready)
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 3
85 x 3
95 x 5 x 2
100 x 5 x 3

very very strong and groove is holding. no major changes in months which is great. just work this position harder. The searching for your "groove" is the pain in the ass part. Just having to PUSH is not so bad :)

Belt squat
40 kg x 10 x 2
          x 12  x 2
 these were easier than expect. knee and ankle flexion feel SO good.

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20 easy peasy

this is SOP now

crawls
3 sets of 50 ft

strong

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15

done done de done done

BW 164.4
BF 11.9 !
W 57.3!

weird. I hardly ate at ALL all weekend and tried to stay as fat based as possible. But even though I went over in carbs I was LOW in calories and thought I'd be lighter. but I could tell and see my BF was down and it was. water up too ( carbs I guess)
Low arbs ( not no) and low cals. No energy problems either
back on track today.

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...