Monday, February 29, 2016

105 Lb Mil Press, 40 kg belt squats, floor pushups/band pullups, crawls, side delts

Great workshop this weekend at FuelHouse gym in seattle. Great group and I love teaching KB 101 most of all. But it was a long weekend and talking and demo'ing for 8 hours by myself  got me a bit tuckered out when the alarm went off at 3:45 this morning

But it all went well Neck was tight from not enough bodymaintenance and more than normal kb work AND sitting in weird airplane seats but my presses and bodymaintenace today helped tons. Still not perfect though.


Mil press
stick x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 5 x 5

very solid and strong and overhead ROM was very decent. surprising, given how tight my neck has been I expected less overhead but it wasn't bad

Belt squats ( standing on one inch plates
40 kg x 10 x 4

the plates were perfect, just that much extra stretch!

Floor pushups/band pullups
4 sets of 20
4 sets of 5

these were easy but I don't think this is the right movement for me. Tweaked right lat a bit trying to hollow more as I did the pullups. As much as I want to be able to do these easy I don't think this  is the right move for me,Now.  Just like it took ten years to get my two hand swing back but don't do it much I think the pullup is like that for me now.

Perhaps I've just done too much of them over time? who knows Bar presses are great though

Probably just sub out db curls. they seem to be working for me. Bar on sat and dbs on wed.



Crawls
3 laps of 60 ft

stronger, finally

side delts
3 sets of 15 12 10 with 12 lbs

tired and hungry now

BW 160
BF 12.5
W ?

ok  need to catch up on BM and sleep


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you, travelling and still getting ur butt in the gym to work out everyday is brutal sometimes....keep it up!

kind regards,

https://mcbrydemats.com/

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, the bodymaintence work is the key, it keeps me going

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...